Commercial Relationship Manager - Commercial Lending
Generations Bank is a community bank. We’re really you. We’re your friends and neighbors, and we care deeply about our communities and the people who make them such great places to live and raise a family. That’s part of what makes a great partnership. It’s the relationship and the familiarity and the commitment that only comes from being a part of our hometowns. The other part is the financial expertise to help you, your family and your business to thrive. For 147 years, Generations Bank has been offering the products, services and advice to do just that.
The Commercial Relationship Manager is responsible for managing and growing profitable commercial lending relationships in Seneca and Cayuga Counties while developing sound relationships with the Retail Office Locations and Business Development Officers. The Commercial Relationship Manager will hold the responsibility of ensuring that goals are met, partners are informed of current commercial lending protocols and the customers are engaged and satisfied with Generations Bank’s and Generations Agency Inc.’s services. The position of the Commercial Relationship Manager will require individuals with a positive attitude, a strong center of influence network, the desire to achieve all goals, a passion and dedication for the banking industry
- Create and maintain profitable relationships with local centers of influence such as Accountants and Attorneys through active networking and cold calling efforts.
- Active participation in the commercial application process including but not limited to; obtaining completed application packages , preparation of an initial loan proposal draft, and diligent follow up on all needed documents as requested by the underwriters.
- Maintain active communication with the underwriting department while acting as the customer’s point of contact for any and all questions that may arise, thus ensuring that the client’s needs are met and the loan closes is in a timely and organized manner.
- Secure Generations Bank’s place as a premier provider of quality service as well as a sound financial center through but not limited to involvement in; social groups, networking groups and community events.
- Creating a network of centers of influence that positively promotes Generations Bank’s presence in the community.
- To achieve or surpass the goals that are set by the Bank thus ensuring the growth of their department and Generations Bank as a whole.
- Active participation with all activities on a Regional and Market level including but not limited to; participation on conference calls, monthly sales meetings, cold calling and market meetings.
- Accountable for ensuring minimal loss to Generations Bank through the adherence of bank policy.
- Accountable for monitoring and adhering to budgets as assigned by the Lending Officer.
- Accountable for generating and closing sound commercial loan leads as assigned by and reporting activities to the Lending Officer.
Previous Education/Experience Required:
- College degree preferred.
- Formal bank credit training preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years commercial lending experience preferred.
- Knowledge of SBA lending